- Diplomate of National Board (D.N.B) in Otorhinolaryngology from National Board of Examinations (1997). National Board is a national body under the government of India and governed by the Ministry of health and family welfare. It is also accredited with the Royal College of surgeons, Edinburgh.
- Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology (D.L.O) from Armed Forces Medical College, Pune, (1992-94) ranking among the top five medical schools in the country.
- M.B.B.S, from Government Medical College, Trivandrum, Kerala (1985-1992) , 99% aggregate
- Postgraduate Diploma in Medical Law and Ethics (P.G.D.M.L.E), from National Law School of India University, one of the premier law institutes in the country.
Awards and Honors
- 1st Rank in Pune University for Diploma in Otorhinolaryngology, (76%)
- Awarded Second position in the Consultant Award Paper Session of 54th AOICON (National Conference of the Association of Otorhinolaryngologists of India) January 2002 for the paper titled Tympanoplasty with and without Mastoidectomy a Comparative Study.
- Awarded Second place in the C.M.Gurumurthy Award Session for teaching faculty for the paper titled Hearing Loss in Rheumatoid Arthritis A Prospective Clinical Study at the 9th Association of Pediatric Otolaryngologists of India and 21st Association of Otolaryngologists of India Karnataka State Conference.
- Awarded the BEST PAPER AWARD for the paper titled Surgeries for lesions of the nape of the neck, by the Surgical Society of Bangalore A.S.I.C.C in July 2004
- Awarded Second position in the I.S.Gupta Gold Medal Award Paper Session of National Conference of the All India Society of Rhinology in September 2004 for the paper titled Olfactory neuroblastoma a clinicopathological perspective.